- It is important to ensure you follow some simple steps to ensure you are burning candles safely in your home or office.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended. Extinguish all candles before leaving a room or going to sleep.
- Keep burning candles away from children and pets
- Burn Candles on an appropriate flat heat resistant surface away from drafts and flammable materials. Glass may become hot.
- Never move a burning candle, extinguish first and wait till the has cooled and wax turns solid before doing so.
- As candles have a memory, when you light your candle, ensure that you burn it long enough to create a pool of wax across the diameter of your candle. This will ensure a long-lasting candle and prevent it from tunnelling down the centre.
- Do not burn the candle for more than 4 hours at a time, as this can cause the glass to get too hot and possibly crack.
- Trim the wick to approximately 5mm before relighting. Trimming the wick each time will help your candle to burn evenly and longer and eliminate smoking and soot forming on the container. This will also help the fragrance to last longer. Extinguish the candle if it smokes, flame flickers repeatedly or the wick becomes too high. It is much easier to extinguish it trim the wick and relight it.
- Discontinue burning your candle when there is approximately 1.5cm - 2cm of remaining wax in the jar. Glass is vulnerable to heat and could crack or break when there is not enough wax to absorb the heat.
- Remember that every candle is hand poured and not mass produced, although all effort is made to ensure consistency, every candle will be different and unique
- Keep candle away from direct sunlight.
ABN 90 562 407 696